Monday, March 2, 2009

Oatmeal Cookie Bars

I made these as a Treat for Ashlyn's Activity Days...too bad my brain doesn't work anymore and I made them a week early! (Hopefully the neighbor kids appreciated the mistake!)

Oh well, I'll just have to bake something yummy again this week! ;)

This recipe is adapted from the "Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Bars" from My Kitchen Cafe. I merely substituted Reeses Pieces Baking chips for the chocolate chunks. The peanut butter flavor was just right!

I'm sure you could substitute all kinds of things to create different variations: dried cranberries and white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, etc.


Oatmeal Cookie Bars

1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup oatmeal
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chunks (I used Reeses Pieces from the baking aisle)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional - I left these out)

Preheat oven to 375.
Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
Beat butter, sugars, egg and vanilla till fluffy and add dry ingredients.
Stir in chocolate chunks and walnuts.
Press into a greased 9x13 inch pan and bake for 18-20 minutes until light golden brown.
I have pressed it into a small sheet pan and baked for 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment