Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tortilla Soup


Since I came upon this recipe at AllRecipes a couple of months ago, I've made it probably a half dozen times. All of the ingredients are found in my food storage, and it comes together in about 5 minutes. Plus, it tastes pretty darn good. So, when it's dinnertime and I haven't planned anything (ya, like that ever happens!), this is my 'go to' meal. Besides that, without the chips and cheese, it is quite healthy!

Tortilla Soup

1 15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
2 14 oz. cans chicken broth (or 28 oz. water and 5 chicken bouillon cubes)
1 10 oz. can chunk chicken, drained
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
Chili Powder according to your own taste - I use about 1/8 tsp. (because we're weak!)
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbs. minced onion
Tortilla Chips
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Pour all the ingredients into a large pot. Simmer until chicken is heated through. Serve with tortilla chips and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment