Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chicken Salad


My poor friend Tonya. Every time I host anything, I want to make this yummy recipe. However, I can never find the recipe. I have gotten it from her probably 4 or 5 times. I'm happy to post it here for everyone to enjoy, but I'm more excited to have a permanent home for it! I'll never have to ask her for it again!
FYI: This recipe calls for 1 tsp. Accent - which is MSG. I'm sure it tastes a bit better with it, but I can't bring myself to add it. I debate it in the spice aisle every time I go to make it. I think it tastes awesome without it.

Chicken Salad

4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cups chopped celery
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 Tbs. dried onion flakes
1/2 tsp salt
sprouts

Prepare chicken.
Mix chicken with celery, mayo, almonds, onion and salt. Chill.
Fill sandwiches with salad and top with sprouts.
I like this best on croissants.

No comments:

Post a Comment