Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Artichoke Spinach Dip


I've found some of the best recipes are on food packaging. This recipe comes from the back of the Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix package. I love this dip. So Easy and Yummy!

Artichoke Spinach Dip

1 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, and cut up
1 16 oz. container sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise (why does mayonnaise have 2 n's? I think that's dumb.)
1 package Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
1 8 oz. can water chestnuts drained and chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 12 oz. jar artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and chopped ( I try to find the kind that aren't marinated in anything funky - it's hard to get the taste rinsed off - and it is too bitter for me. I would rather taste the artichoke itself.)

Mix it all together and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Or, hollow out a round loaf of sourdough bread, fill it with the dip, and serve with the bread you removed (plus another loaf cut into cubes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment