Friday, May 8, 2009

Grilled Hawaiians


This recipe comes from Allrecipes. It is one of those that I come across and think, "Duh! Why didn't I think of that?!" It is so quick and easy. This ends up tasting like Ham and Pineapple Pizza when you dip it in the pizza sauce. You could fill the grilled sandwich with any combination of pizza toppings and then dip it in the sauce with the same effect. (Think pepperoni and olives, sausage and peppers, etc.) We LOVE Hawaiian pizza in this house, so we'll keep the recipe the way it is! Feel free to experiment though and let me know how it turns out!


Grilled Hawaiians

12 slices of bread

6 slices of Swiss cheese

6 slices of ham, cut thick

large can of crushed pineapple, drained

Butter

Pizza Sauce (found next to the pasta sauces in the grocery store)


Do you really need instructions for making grilled cheese? OK, but I feel a little silly writing it out! ;)

Butter one side of each piece of bread. Place a piece of bread, butter side down, onto a griddle (or fewer onto a frying pan). Layer the cheese, ham and then spread on some crushed pineapple. Top with another piece of bread, butter side up. Do this for all 6 sandwiches. Turn on the heat to medium and let it cook for about 5 minutes per side (Watch it carefully and turn it over when the first side is golden brown.)

Serve with a side of Pizza Sauce to dip it in and Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I found this recipe awhile ago. It has become one of my all time favorite treats! I like to make it on Rye bread with a little Thousand Island dressing. I haven't tried the Pizza Sauce dip but I bet that would be yummy.

    ReplyDelete